Tuesday, September 6, 2011

weirdest post ever.

here is what i have decided the netflix call center is like:

they are in california.  everyone is really hip and interesting.  they wear jeans to work and have fun toys on their desks.

i have decided this because they are so CASUAL when they answer the phone.  and seem genuinely happy to be at work.  i called in june with a question related to going on vacation for 7 weeks and they solved my problem by creating a new user within my account called Vacation IsAwesome.  as in, that is the name of the new user.  i mean, they are happy to be alive if they are coming up with fun stuff like that.  (there was a very convoluted reason why they had to do this, but it made perfect sense for my situation.  i will not bore you with the whole story.)

i called again today with an issue and they were so nice and reasonable again.  i do not think they have a script to read and they are actually allowed to use their brains.  this makes me happy.

the end.

update (after actually doing some research): it's oregon!  i should have guessed...  this article is a couple years old, but i find it spot on.  as in, "[netflix] picked the location because [they] found oregonians to be polite."  this is a little more updated and also entertains me.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way when I call Zappos! Something good in the water there.

    PS: I'm TOTALLY curious why you had to create a vacation account. Also, I miss you.

    ReplyDelete