Tuesday, May 6, 2014

cat lady musings

on tuesday of last week, a little grey cat came up on my porch and talked to ruby through the window.

on sunday the cat said hi to me outside my apartment door.  i reached down to pet her (him?) and felt ribs under the fur.  skinny kitty!  i put a handful of food outside, which she ate up.

yesterday, skinny kitty followed me from the parking lot up to my apartment.  actually - led the way.  she knows where i live.  another handful of food.  how could i not?

today she appeared again.  yet another handful of food.

true or false: i'm in trouble.

(does skinny kitty have a home or not?  does she have a lot of friends who are putting out handfuls of food, or am i the only one?  is this the first fatal step toward becoming skinny kitty's mama?  i certainly don't need skinny kitty, but i can't let her go hungry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment