Sunday, August 3, 2014

a year ago today

a year ago today, i got my first look at ruby.


and she got her first look at me.


ruby purred loudly from the moment she was brought into the get-to-know-you room at the animal shelter.  and honestly?  that's what got me.  i knew she was coming home with me.

it is still easy to get ruby to purr, and if anything she's cuter than she was as an 8 week old kitten (she's grown into those ears, for one thing).  she meets me at the door when i get home from work.  she is eager to remind me when it is meal time.  at night she jumps onto my bed once the light is turned off, and she curls up to sleep in the space behind my knees.


i love my little ruby girl; she adds more to my life than i think i could possibly add to hers.  she is a wonderful addition to my little world.

everyone should go out and get a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment