Monday, September 7, 2015

In the middle of a parent meeting last week, with a dad asking a million questions, all written down in advance in front of him, his wife got up and walked out of the room. She returned and handed him a cup of water and a mini Three Musketeers bar. He looked at her, took a deep breath, said thank you, and unwrapped the candy. "I didn't have lunch," he said. "Work is crazy and the boss is in Spain so we're dealing with the time difference and I knew I had to leave early to get to this meeting and I've been wanting to ask you these questions for a while..." His wife patted his arm and said, "I could tell you hadn't eaten lunch."  He resumed asking his questions, a little calmer and a little slower. His wife smiled at me.

This. This is love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment