Saturday, April 21, 2012

i am loving the following things about new york:

how beautiful columbia is.
how you can feel all the past generations of teachers who have made their way through teachers college.  i think it's the creaky wood floors that do it.
that the housing people said they are 99% sure i will get on campus housing (yesssss).
that columbia is far enough north in the city that it isn't super busy.
that the people in my program seem nice and like they will be my friends.
that i was a bad ass public transportation rider and didn't get lost.
the weather - it's gorgeous here this weekend.
seeing my summer friend talia who will become my real life friend talia!!!
drinking mojitos on an outdoor patio.
eating shake shack on an outdoor patio.
outdoor patios.
walking through central park with my sister who giggled with me at the little league teams, dogs, and bad fashions we saw.

this city feels right.  so excited to move here in august!

(less fun things: blisters from walking so much and bad smells everywhere.)

1 comment:

  1. living near washington, dc, and visiting often!

    ReplyDelete