Sunday, September 23, 2012

a photo a day

Billy Collins at the Brooklyn Book Festival!


It was my first trip to Brooklyn and there was a Shake Shack right next to the location of the book festival.  Brooklyn is after my heart.

Billy Collins read some poetry (which was awesome) with some other poets in the Brooklyn Borough Courthouse, which is gorgeous.  This is the ceiling of the room he spoke in:


I met a couple friends from my summer program afterwards for a drink on the patio of a bar, which was also lovely - the company and the weather.  All in all, a great afternoon field trip to Brooklyn!

Now I need to polish up an essay for school and send it in.  To stay caught up I have to find room for reading and writing every day, but so far the academic load has been manageable.  So far!

No comments:

Post a Comment