Thursday, November 7, 2013

i'm not going to lie: i was a little nervous about my first birthday in a new city.  would new friends want to take the time to celebrate with me?  i debated not planning a dinner because i worried everyone would say no and then i would be REALLY SAD.

and then i woke up today and it was fall - 50 degrees when i went to my car, high of 70 - the perfect fall day.  one of my coworkers found my sister's email address online (she knew where becky worked) and asked her what my favorite dessert is, then made cheesecake swirl brownies for me.  six people from work joined me for happy hour drinks.  the three non-work friends that i texted about dinner all could come, and ALL brought me cards or little presents while we ate some delish indian food.  i talked to my family.  i got texts and facebook posts from so many people.  i came home to a sweet purring cat.


i choke up thinking about the love in my life because of my friends and family spread far and wide.  i hope each of you know how much you mean to me.


additionally: sing it, joni.  happy birthday to you, too!


"love is touching souls.  surely you touched mine."

1 comment:

  1. I need to be reminded from time to time how great Joni Mitchell is. I never need to be reminded how great you are.

    John

    ReplyDelete