Sunday, December 8, 2013

a photo a day

My cousin Kate, the ballerina! I saw her perform in The Nutcracker yesterday - she's a new corps member at the San Antonio ballet. I'd never seen The Nutcracker live before, but it was fantastic and she's such a beautiful dancer.

I also got a chance to have lunch and see the Alamo with my aunt and uncle before the performance.  (It was my first trip to San Antonio.)  Such a fun day!



The drive home was a little nuts…it was sprinkling rain and then the temperature dropped from 35 to 29 degrees…and there were no fewer than 6 accidents (caused by ice, i guess) that I passed, including two (one in both directions) that SHUT DOWN I-10 FOR MILES.  I called Becky to tell her that the zombie apocalypse was happening…it's bizarre to be on a highway with no traffic at all coming towards you.

What have we learned?  When it gets below freezing all hell breaks loose in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment