Sunday, December 22, 2013

all the christmas music is making me sentimental

i sit here with a kitty taking a nap on my lap for the SECOND time today, which is unprecedented…normally she would like to be right. near. by. (as in, under my chair, next to me on the couch, following me around the apartment, lying on the kitchen floor while i cook dinner, cuddled up against my legs when i sleep), but not on top of me, and i'm enjoying her soft warm self very much.  oh wait - she had enough.  she is back to her spot under the chair.

what i was GOING to say still applies…which is that i feel very very lucky these days.  why did i wait so long to get a cat?  ruby is the sweetest kitty ever (and is now back in my lap).  i felt a great deal of love from my students this week, with several of them stopping by with cards or candy or little gifts for me.  i went to trivia with work friends this week - my first trivia night in over a year - and it was so much fun and sounds like it will be a semi-regular thing.  today i went to get tea and see philomena (and cry kind of a lot - what an amazing movie) with a new non-work friend.  i am healthy and happy.  i am lucky.  thank you for being part of my little life.

i've probably posted this before, but it's one of my favorites so you get it again:

No comments:

Post a Comment