Sunday, January 5, 2014

the last week of winter break

late on saturday the 28th i got back to houston from NC.  on sunday i picked up ruby.  she approves of the pajama pants that becky got me for christmas.


i finished knitting this stuffed bunny!  i am helping teach a knitting class during my school's interim term, so he is a demonstration bunny so the kids have an idea of what they might be able to make.  more stuffed animals to come, as this one was easy to make and is SO CUTE.


ruby has worms (not pictured.  you're welcome.).  she gets a dewormer and then proceeds to spend 23 hours a day on my bed looking SAD for the next three days.  i kind of panic.  she is eating normally, but seems to have zero energy.  becky and mom both have to talk me down.  i do a lot of lying on the bed, reading my book, and petting her.  normal ruby follows me around the apartment, plays with toys, and purrs when petted. this version of ruby does not do these things.  i tell myself that a pill is destroying a parasite inside her and this cannot feel good.  i decide to call the vet on day 4 if she isn't feeling better.

in the meantime, i buy my 2014 calendar from paper source.  you, too, need this calendar.


new years eve with two new friends!  good food, fun music, hilarious people-watching, and great company.


when i get home i try to make ruby pose with my new years headband.  she feels well enough to attack it from her spot on the bed.


new years day...sad ruby continues.  and i don't get out of my pajamas.

january 2...ruby feels better!  she does all her favorite things...play with toilet water:


help me cook:


try to get in the washing machine but accept the fact that she can just sit on top of it:


yay!  my kitty is okay again!  we do lots of cuddling and playing to make up for lost time.

jenny visits on her way back to austin from NC.  i see the secret life of walter mitty.

i also went to four yoga classes this week - it feels good to start the new year on the right foot.

season 4 of downton abbey starts tonight!!

and tomorrow…up at 6:30am and back to work.  sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment