Tuesday, April 14, 2015

what i'm pondering right now

on I-45 southbound, driving back from an amazing weekend celebrating becky and brandon's wedding, i listened to some sara bareilles, and a line from "chasing the sun" resonated with me:


so how do you do it,
with just words and just music, capture the feeling
that my earth is somebody's ceiling

this song is literally about walking around a graveyard, where your earth is the ceiling of the dead.  but i heard it figuratively.  my reality, my day-to-day, is someone else's best moments.  that i live daily a life full of moments that are pretty incredible.  and this weekend was full of them - surrounded by family, taking care of my sister, being taken care of by the best wedding date ever, laughing with the other bridesmaids, grinning my face off during the ceremony, feeling valued, feeling loved, feeling the community the bride and groom brought together.  it wasn't an average weekend, but all of these elements are in my life all the time…this wedding just packed them tightly together.  i paused to be reminded that my earth is pretty incredible.  my earth is somebody's ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment