Wednesday, July 22, 2015

i went on an adventure!  well, really i was just stir-crazy and googled "hikes in houston" and this appeared and i went with it.  a 30 minute drive to the other side of town, and i found cullen park, with a 6.5 mile long paved trail that is mostly in the shade (this is the ONLY way to walk outside in houston in july).  i saw a dozen or so people walking and biking while i was there, but otherwise had the trail to myself.  just me and my ipod and my sweat.  i only walked 3.5 of the miles, but in the 90 degree heat and humidity, this was a good enough workout for me.


the best part is that the path goes by a 19th century cemetery!


one of these guys fought in the "indian wars"!


excellent adventure.  now i will stay inside for days on end until i forget about how truly hot it was and venture out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment