Thursday, October 8, 2015

october 8, 2015

i'm not exactly sure how to summarize this day.

high: i got to wear jeans and an astros shirt.  go 'stros!

high: amazing cafeteria lunch (roasted tofu, roasted cauliflower, sweet potato wedges, salad).

low: parent meeting that only lasted 26 minutes but made me want to punch an orange water cooler three times and then have someone take me into the locker room.  i'm done, coach.


low: so much work.  at school until 5 and not even close to done.  stresssssss.

high: buying a six pack of dogfish head's namaste beer.  picturing myself drinking the beer while making a birthday cake for two work friends.

low: returning to my car in the grocery store parking lot to find that it won't start.  calling my friend sonia.

high: sonia answers the phone!  sonia arrives with her husband bob!  they have a portable battery…

low: the battery will not jump start my car.  they bang on the starter a little because maybe it is the starter?  nothing happens.

low: sonia drives me and my beer and my bag of groceries home.

high: i do not have to walk home!

low: resigning myself to calling a mechanic at 7am tomorrow when the mechanic opens.  texting my principal to tell him i will be late to work.  drinking a beer on my living room floor.

high: my principal calls me and offers to come and really jump start my car.  my heart is so full.  20 minutes later, we are at my car and he is jump starting it AND IT IS STARTING and he follows me to advance auto parts WHICH IS STILL OPEN and i buy a battery and the dude who works there puts it in.

high: my life is not in shambles any more!

high: tacos from the taco truck!

high: baking cookies!  baking cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment