Friday, August 31, 2012

i'm heeeeeeeeeere!

dad and i drove up to connecticut to see and stay with my aunt and uncle yesterday, and 12 and a half hours in the car actually went by pretty quickly.  this morning we drove into the city and moved me into my dorm room.  things i learned today:
(a) my room is actually the perfect size - i will no longer be talking badly about my 109 square feet.  it's a perfect 109 square feet!  everything fits and it's very cozy.
(b) it doesn't take you very long to unpack when you packed for 109 square feet.  i feel moved in already.
(c) it is hot.  why is today the day of the 90 degree heat wave?  i do not approve.  my little fan works well, though.
(d) cell phone service is traaaaaagic in my room.  ugh.  we're talking: i can't place a call, even when i lean my body out the window.  text messages appear to work okay.  verizon, we are fighting.  how do i have better reception in rural north carolina than in NEW YORK CITY?  (anyone have any secret tips for improving service?)

i found a drug store, a chipotle, and the westside market (aka "heaven"), so i'm all set.  i'm having dinner with talia tonight, because i know someone in this city!  hoo-ray!

No comments:

Post a Comment