Monday, March 4, 2013

a lot of this feels so so true, and i've only lived in new york for 6 months: here is everything i learned in new york city (a little bit not safe for work).

one of my favorite parts:

Summarizing What I Learned in New York Is Impossible 
I learned how to live in 200 square feet of space. I learned not to blink at loud noises. I learned what pierogies were, what chicken biryana is, what an egg cream and tagliatelle and knishes and rice balls and fish cakes should taste like....I did not learn how to walk and text at the same time, because if I had, maybe I wouldn’t have dropped and cracked my iPhone (twice). I learned that cats can have supernatural powers of comfort, and that to give someone your full and undivided attention is one of the greatest gifts you can offer. I learned to avoid the subway at rush hour. I learned to tip cabbies and servers well. If you see something, say something. Buckle up. Stand clear of the closing doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment