Thursday, June 13, 2013

6:30am

This has been my first week of work at my new job, and so far it has been great. It's disarming to know nothing after feeling like I knew all the ins and outs at my old job, but I recognize that this is normal and I'm just trying I learn as much as I can this month. My new coworkers have made me feel so welcomed, from having my computer and keys and business cards (!!) ready for me when I arrived on Monday to their interest in teaching me aspects of my new job.  All is going well!

I have been setting my alarm for 7:45 and leaving my house at 8:30 (we work 9-3 in the summer, which is fantastic), but the past two days I've woken up at 6:30 and been unable to go back to sleep, so I've read a fair amount of my book as I slowly wake up...and today I made crepes from scratch for breakfast. On a weekday. At 7am. It was pretty awesome and VERY unlike me to be productive before work. My bedroom windows face east and my room gets light in the mornings, so this is part of the reason for the early wake ups. Okay for now...potentially annoying in the long term. 

No comments:

Post a Comment