Sunday, June 16, 2013

muffins!

i made muffins - cheddar and jalapeño muffins, which is the very best kind of muffin, i have decided.


i smartly halved the recipe, and after eating two muffins when they were hot out of the oven (i mean, it's impossible not to do that, right?  melty cheese!), i just have four more.  four is a reasonable number of muffins to live in a single person's apartment.  ten muffins would be absurd, and that's the kind of thing that discourages me from baking.  what is a person to do with a dozen muffins?  hooray for halving the recipe.

you're also getting a look at my dishes - plates, tiny plates (shown here), and two sizes of bowls that my grandma jane gave me when i first graduated from college.  they were the ones from her and my grandpa's house, but it's an incomplete set (there's only four cereal bowls, for example), so she got rid of them and bought a new set when they moved to florida.  she also gave me her old set of silverware, which i LOVE.  it's the perfect weight and shape for silverware to be.  when i lived in atlanta i always used my roommate's dishes and silverware, but i'm so happy to have this now that i'm on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment