Thursday, July 18, 2013

Texas is treating me well/poorly

We'll start with the poorly...someone cloned (or insert more technical word here) my debit card, checked my balance at an ATM, and then tried to take out $500 and then $300. But they failed...so I guess they were a bad card-cloning thief. I never take out more than $200, and Wells Fargo/their smart computer knew that, freezing my card...bottom line, the bad guys got nothing and I'm getting a new card. Whew. 

Now the good: I had to get a license plate holder installed on the front of my car, since Texas requires front plates. Womp womp. Autozone dude showed me what to buy, and I took it to a mechanic to drill holes in my bumper and install it. He also put the plate itself on. For free!  Texans are nice people. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment