Thursday, October 17, 2013

gingersnaps

last week i made some chocolate chip cookies (from the toll house recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag) and some gingersnaps from a smitten kitchen recipe.  i brought a dozen of each to school with me, but the real reason i made them was to bring two dozen of each to boston with me to contribute to the food for the weekend.  there were seven of us staying in one house, and it feels good to bring something to add to the snack food pile.  and i love nothing better than a compliment on my baking!  my coworkers and students loved the cookies, as did my boston friends.  success!  the gingersnaps recipe i linked to above is great - the cookies are soft but spicy, and eric pointed out that they would make a great pie crust, too.  so...try them!  i hear it's fall in some parts of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment