Saturday, June 21, 2014

a cat lady a day

today is my last day to snuggle with miss ruby before i leave her at the boarding place in houston for two and a half weeks (just writing that makes me feel like a bad mama) while i go to a conference in nashville and then to visit my parents and friends in north carolina.  sigh.  this cat lady is feeling lots of guilt at leaving her furry girl.


ruby volunteered to come along.


but i had to say no.

i know ruby will be safe and well fed and just fine at the boarding place…but still.  she'll be in a cage most of the day.  and i'll miss her…and i'd like to think that's she'll miss me.

though i WILL enjoy not being woken up in the middle of the night by a cat purring loudly and pawing my face in an attempt to be fed.  pawing someone's face until she gives up on falling back asleep, gets up, and feeds you?  a quite effective strategy, it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment