Saturday, May 9, 2015

a photo a day

The original plan was NOT to have US Air cancel my flight from Charlotte to DC, leaving me stranded in Charlotte for 12 hours. It was not to be rebooked on a flight that landed in DC 3 hours before Nora and Nigel's wedding. But somehow this has all truly been okay. I'm sad that I didn't get to spend the day with my friends in northern Virginia before driving with them to the wedding venue. But we have tomorrow together, too, so all isn't lost. And my forced layover was in a city where I have good friends, who picked me up, housed me, fed me freshly-made biscuits and eggs this morning, and I got to read books to - and draw with sidewalk chalk with - and take selfies with - Mr. Ryan.


I saw a former student on my plane to DC (!!), metroed to the National Mall, and have set up shop with my suitcase and tote bag for a few hours before I uber to the wedding site. Will I be changing into my dress in the bathroom of the Smithsonian? Yes, yes I will. And until then I have a newly downloaded book on my phone, a diet coke, sunshine and blue skies, the shade of a big tree, and a suitcase-pillow.


Life is still pretty good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment