Thursday, December 3, 2009

typical

Transcription of a voicemail I received today:

"Ms. L [yes, adults who are at least 15 years older than me often call me by my teacher-name...I guess because their children do], this is so-and-so, blah's mom.  I just wanted to let you know that blah is going to be tested for ADHD this Friday and Monday and will miss school for it - we think she has it pretty bad.  If you could...[3 second pause]...oh my goodness, I'm driving and I thought they just tore down Rio Bravo on Roswell Road.  Maybe I have ADHD, too.  Anyway, if you could give me a call, my number is..."


The apple, friends, does not fall far from the tree...

1 comment:

  1. OMG-- this is the funniest thing I've ever read-- and I can totally relate... to you and the mother. Thanks for bringing laughter to my morning, friend. I needed it. :)

    ReplyDelete