Monday, February 24, 2014

As a symbol of how far Ruby and I have come since we got the automatic feeder.

Pre-feeder: Ruby wakes me up at 4am every day and annoys me (by chewing on my hair - very effective!) until I either (a) lock her in the bathroom until I'm ready to get up (with her meowing sadly for a while), or (b) feed her.

This morning: Ruby woke up at 4:30, but did not bite my hair! Instead, she purred a lot and snuggled with me until 5am. The SECOND the kibbles began to fall from the automatic feeder into her bowl at 5am, she bolted from my side, using my face as a lift-off pad, and ate her breakfast. I didn't see her again until 6:30 when my alarm went off. 

The feeder is SO worth it already. And she hasn't broken into it yet. Yesssss. 

Hilariously, she doesn't yet understand that the feeder only magically gives her food once a day. I find her at other times just staring at it hopefully. Oh Ruby. Good try.

1 comment:

  1. Do you remember the Automatic Cow Feeder? Basically, a one-cow feed stall that had a sensor to read special tags hanging from the cow's neck. A computer recognized which cow was in the stall and turned on a small motor that dispensed a pre-programmed amount of feed into a bowl. The equipment salesman assured us that this would increase milk production. Trouble was, Daisy the cow stayed in the stall all day long and banged her head against the feed bin, causing a minute amount of feed to fall into the bowl. No other cow could get into the stall. $10,000 down the drain, at a time when that was a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete