Monday, February 17, 2014

ruby & claire attempt to negotiate their differences in preferred wake-up time

me: sarah says i should get an automatic feeder, but i'm worried it's going to be expensive.
jenny: how much would you pay every day not to be woken up at 5am?
me: $1 a day.  no!  $5 a day!
jenny: so this feeder could cost a thousand dollars and you would still buy it.
me: excellent point.

1 day later: automatic feeder purchased.  cost?  $40 + 1 AA battery.

i guess the theory behind an automatic feeder is that your cat doesn't associate you with getting fed, so she doesn't wake you up in the mornings in order to be fed.  in my dream world, ruby annoys this automatic feeder at 5am instead of me.  my friend sarah tells me that this worked for her and her cat.  fingers crossed, people!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire - my cat, the General, has a PetMate LeBistro cat feeder (now 3 or so years old). I got sick of replacing batteries, so rigged it to work with an old cell phone charger, but other than that, it's been good. He learned to stick his paw up the slide and get a few kibbles out, but I opened it up and beefed up the mechanism and now it's cat proof. --Emily Horrell

    ReplyDelete