Monday, March 16, 2015

Good news, team. "Vegetarian" in Turkish is "vejetaryen."  I don't think I can screw that one up too badly!  And so far I am eating really well. So much bread, beans (in soup and hummus form), and cheese in various forms. I had a hard boiled egg as part of breakfast both mornings because I know I'm not getting as much protein as usual. And there aren't a LOT of vegetables, but we've had salad with lunch both days, so that's something. I had manti (dumplings) stuffed with cheese for dinner last night,  which was delicious. The dumplings are served warm in a yogurt sauce and normally have meat inside, but the restaurant had cheese ones, too. Victory!

Elizabeth took a picture of the mezzi plate we got as an appetizer before dinner last night. So good! I could have eaten the whole plate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment