Saturday, March 21, 2015

some photos I haven't shared yet, part II

Istanbul pictures I didn't post yet!

Looking up into the dome of the German Fountain in one of the main squares - so beautiful! There are lots of public fountains in Turkey - that are still in use! We saw several people filling up jugs with water while we were there. 


Selfie with Jenny in the Hagia Sophia!


The entrance from the Bosphorus Strait into the Black Sea, taken from the ruined castle we went to on our Bosphorus cruise. Can you guess what those structures are on either side?


Ferry ride back to Istanbul. 


At Topkapi Palace in Istanbul there were four little animal statues in a row. So of course we had a German tourist take this picture of us. 


The dome and the ceiling of the Blue Mosque. 


The Blue Mosque. I was initially surprised not to see any benches on the floor - but of course not, right?  This is where the men pray. Don't get me started on where the women pray. 


Selfie outside the Blue Mosque! Carrie Mathison is my muse. In fact, I am embarrassed to admit that a fair bit of what I know about Muslim culture came from Homeland. 


Up next: Observations by Miss Claire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment