Monday, August 22, 2011

nightmares

i have discovered that sometimes my unconscious needs to work through stuff and doesn't tell me during waking hours.  it tells me in the middle of the night via scary nightmares that paralyze me with fear when i wake up from them...as in, i have to talk myself down before i can get up to pee.  when the uncertainty in my life has worked itself out, the dreams stop.  BIZARRE.

apparently the start of school is causing anxiety and it is manifesting itself in my dreams.  over the past week i have had a scary dream almost every night.  here are the ones i remember:
1. i am in a hotel and a bad guy is standing in the doorway to my room and he is going to kill me.
2. i am back in oxford and our program office is in a tree house and i have to keep climbing up and down the tree and it is annoying.  i have no memory of the scary portion of this dream, but there was one at the time.
3. i am at a trivia night hosted by a coworker (he is having one in october - so far, this dream is plausible), and somehow we need to break into this secret room to get these old books.  we get into the room by detonating a mini bomb.  when we reach in to get the book, bats and rats and things attack us.  OKAY, I KNOW THIS DOESN'T SOUND SCARY, BUT IT WAS.  i woke up scratching furiously at my neck to get them off.
4. i am trying to get into jerusalem (unclear why), but as i am not a jew i can't go through the front gate and must go through this maze in a house with the other members of my traveling group who are not jewish.  there is a tiger there and it bites me on the finger and i am worried i have rabies.  i never get to jerusalem.

scary dreams, i need you to stop.
love,
claire

No comments:

Post a Comment