Monday, November 30, 2009

hotel cafe presents "winter songs"

so i land in atlanta at 9:30am on sunday (don't ask how early i had to wake up in ames, iowa to make this trip), take MARTA to my car, and drive home listening to the radio.  one of my pre-programmed radio stations has made its annual switch to christmas music and i was embarrassingly excited about this fact.  i may or may not have listened to that station all the way home.  christmas stuff in stores in october?  unacceptable!  christmas music on the radio after thanksgiving?  welcomed!  hooray.  i love this season.

upon arriving home i promptly spent a grillion dollars on itunes, purchasing, among other things, this CD.  it had been in my itunes "wish list" since approximately february, but as it contains christmas music i couldn't very well purchase it in february.  but now?  it's the end of the month and i have more money than usual in my bank account (mysteriously...though i'm not asking any questions)...and it is christmas music season!  so i treated myself.  and it is glorious.

what do i wake up to this morning?  a story on NPR about how people spend more money online than they intend to because it's so easy to make purchases.  um, that's me.  NPR, get out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment