Monday, November 9, 2009

TIPsgiving 2: return to the shire

it was a weekend of dorkiness. glorious, glorious dorkiness. the third annual TIPsgiving - a reunion of some of my favorite coworkers from when i worked for TIP, plus a thanksgiving pre-game (because a year with only one thanksgiving is a sad year indeed).

we ate - made-from-scratch guacamole, cheesy grits, sweet potatoes, apple pie and ginger ice cream, dim sum (not all at the same time)...

we reminisced -
"hey eric, why don't you put shadow's shock collar on your leg again?"
"shut up."

we played dorky board games, including settlers of catan, which is probably the dorkiest game i have ever played...but it is also certainly one of the most fun games i've ever played. i will be buying this game for someone (anyone) i know for christmas so i have an excuse to play myself.

and, most importantly, we had great conversations, from why the personality of lady bird (one of abby & aaron's chickens) to whether we should believe statisticians to the genius of dr. horrible's sing-along blog.

doesn't this sound like my idea of heaven? well friends, it is. it was my birthday on saturday, and when i talked to my mom she said, "what are you guys doing?" i replied, "eating lots of food and playing fun games." "your favorite things!" "i know! and they are THEIR favorite things, too!"

i've been hit by the november blahs recently, and thanksgiving break seems far, far away. this - seven friends, a box full of board games, a full refrigerator - was the perfect way to spend my birthday weekend.  and it was a much-needed break from the november blahs.

4 comments:

  1. It was so great to have you guys here! *Definitely* just what I needed for my own November blahs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright Claire... I'm not going to admit in public to that same level of dorkiness but I will admit that I own Settlers of Catan. Let me know when you want to schedule a play date. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. my. god. anderson! we have to teach all the atlanta people to play. i'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Claire! Glad to know you celebrated with friends doing the things you most enjoy. Mary

    ReplyDelete