Friday, July 30, 2010

book club update

in the course of a couple hours, my sister's book club project is fully funded!!  of the seven people who donated, she only knows who four of them are...here is our email exchange when i checked back on her project and saw that it was complete:

me:
OHMYGOD YOUR PROJECT IS FULLY FUNDED - WHO THE HELL ARE THESE NEW DONORS?  How did they find you - can you do a search on donorschoose for projects that would interest you? Or do you know these people??


I just got REALLY EXCITED for you!  Like, why aren't you online so we can talk about this?? Ahhhh!!!


Love!
Claire

her:
Um, I have no idea who these people are. But they gave A LOT of money...I needed like $200 and then all at once it was funded...Someone is from NJ...and someone is totally anonymous! WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE???? I am so excited and touched and confused...they don't know me but they gave me money!


Okay, let me know if you figure anything else out about my mystery friends...


I am PUMPED!!!!!!!



(aww - she got all her books!  also: we like exclamation points and all caps when we are excited.  we are sisters - what can i say.)

if you are late to the game and like the idea of donorschoose.org and want to help out a teacher who you don't know (since you can't help becky any more), i'm sure they will be just as thankful as becky was to get a donation from someone who just wants to do a good thing.  go to http://www.donorschoose.org/, click on "projects" in the upper righthand corner, and find one that speaks to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment