Friday, October 22, 2010

breakfast

which is better for me for breakfast?  i wrestle with this question and i'd love to hear other peoples' thoughts.  these are the only options right now, because they (a) seem reasonably healthy, (b) require exactly zero prep work and are portable [i may or may not be rushing out the door EVERY MORNING and i just grab one of these two things], (c) taste delicious, and (d) keep me full enough until lunch.  all of those are important qualities in a breakfast.

wallaby yogurt (favorite flavor: maple):
140 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, 20 grams of sugar, 6 grams of protein, 25% of recommended daily amount of calcium, 0% of iron

luna bar (favorite flavor: nutz over chocolate):
180 calories, 6 grams of fat, 10 grams of sugar, 9 grams of protein, 35% of my calcium, 30% of my iron

right now i have yogurt for breakfast if i make it to whole foods that week...and a luna bar if i don't.  probably works out to about half the time for each.

if you have thoughts, please comment.  thankyouverymuch.

1 comment:

  1. Since they're both relatively low cal, I'd opt for both! I'm a huuuuuuge breakfast fan, the more, the better!

    ReplyDelete