Monday, March 7, 2011

les mis

last night PBS aired a concert of les miserables from london in honor of the show's 25th anniversary.  of course i watched - i love this musical.  i saw it in london 11 years ago when i was a senior in high school.  my high school had a week right after spring break when you were supposed to take on some special project and study it in detail.  one year you could take a trip, which is what i did my senior year - went to london for a week.  i have very vivid memories from seeing this show and being so swept up in the music that i almost forgot where i was.  yes, i will join you in your revolution!  make space for me on stage!

you should know that i have journaled as long as i've, you know, been able to string sentences together on paper.  and i have all these journals because i'm a hoarder.  it is mostly awkward to reread what i wrote in my angst-y years, but occasionally fun to remember what i was thinking at that moment.  this blog, of course, is an extension of those journals.

so, you ask, if i've got the journals what WAS i thinking when i first saw this show?  funny you should ask:

3-13-00
[lots of blah-blahing about what we did that day...]
...then to "les miserables" - AWESOME!  was great...i'll have to listen to katie's CD when we get back.  note to self: [learn to] paint like salvador dali, marry marius.

yes, friends.  at 17 my life goals were to paint like salvador dali and marry a fictional character from les mis.  good times.  i wonder if my 17 year old self would be disappointed that i have achieved neither of these goals.  (yet.)

2 comments:

  1. This made my night. LOVE this post. Can you believe I've never seen Les Mis? Crazy, I know. So hope you're enjoying this much deserved break, friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the Les Mis concert too! Yay for musicals :)

    Also, side note- didn't you write about Wallaby yogurt before on this blog? I just had my first one today and it is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete