Friday, July 15, 2011

advice

to finish or not to finish?

i'm 115 pages into jonathan strange & mr. norrell, by susanna clarke, which is 1005 pages long.

i'm intrigued but not eager to read it.

has anyone read this book?  i think i need to decide in the next hundred pages or so whether i want to finish this or whether i want to give up on it.  argh.  it's no fun reading something that isn't compelling...but maybe it just takes a while to get into?  would love advice if anyone has it...

thankyouverymuch.

2 comments:

  1. I got about 2/3 through before I gave up the ghost. It doesn't really get much different/more compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIVE IT UP. I read this whole book, thinking that may, eventually, something might happen. Nothing does. Every 100 pages further I got into it made it harder to walk away because of all the time invested, so my advice is to stop early.

    ReplyDelete