Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"did you just resign?"

this was asked of my this morning, and the answer was yes.  but...only sort of yes.  i announced to my principal my intent not to come back next year.  i won't be signing my new contract.  i'm going to graduate school full-time!  this is a decision i've known i was going to make for a while; i did get into a part-time program where i could stay at my current job, but that isn't where my heart is.  so: full-time i know for sure.  which program: that i'm still working on...

but to resign...this sounds so harsh, so final, like i'm walking out in a huff, and that isn't the case at all.  so i'll reframe it: i'm not renewing my contract.

that sounds much more like it.

1 comment:

  1. But what school are you going to?? Congratulations btw, pursuing your dreams is brave. :)

    ReplyDelete