Friday, March 2, 2012

yesterday at yoga, i did a full bridge pose.  a real one.  until yesterday i had only been able to push up onto the top of my head - i couldn't push up all the way so that just my hands and feet were supporting me.  this bridge thing is HARD.  but yesterday my instructor came over and had me grab onto her ankles (why this helps, i don't know - but it did) as she stood behind me and then she kept encouraging me to push all the way up - and i did!  this may not sound very exciting to others - i'm know some people (kelly) could get down on the ground and do this immediately.  but for me this was VERY exciting.  i squealed a little bit.  and i didn't die coming back down to the ground.  which is, you know, a victory in and of itself.

i love yoga because you use the strength of your body to...strengthen your body.  yoga makes me feel strong.  it makes me feel proud of this body, no matter its imperfections.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh amazing!!!! That is definitely an accomplishment! Doesn't it feel amazing to keep practicing something and see yourself getting better?!?! Yay you rock :)

    ReplyDelete