Tuesday, October 16, 2012

a video a day

newsflash: new york is NOISY.  my room overlooks an internal courtyard, so for the most part i don't get too much traffic noise in my room, which is wonderful.  sirens, loud trucks - those make enough noise to get into my room, but otherwise there's just an ambient hum that comes from millions of people packed into the city, and i can totally work with an ambient hum.

except.

except for the daily pick up of trash.  you see, my room overlooks an internal courtyard, but mostly it overlooks the alleyway next to the teachers college dining hall.  every day except sunday, trash gets picked up around 7:30am, which means every day except sunday i wake up with it.

ugh.

i thought you'd appreciate a little taste of the sights and sounds of my room, circa 7:30am every morning.  (note: the first 20 seconds are out of focus I KNOW...i stumbled out of bed to tape this while crouching under the window so the trash dudes wouldn't know i was doing it.  i had a lot to think about, people.  you will still get the picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment