Thursday, October 11, 2012

For the first time since moving to New York, I randomly ran into someone I knew on the subway! I know people! I see them places! I live here!

This is not the cheater version of this story, where I run into someone in my program at our subway stop, 5 minutes from my dorm. No! I ran into my friend Jill, who lives in Hoboken, New Jersey, on a train on the lower east side that was bound for Queens. Queens! She was going to a birthday party and I was headed to a book club that a friend invited me to join. We were both on a train we don't normally take. So fun to see her! Two friends, floating through a city of millions, end up on the same car of the same train. I love it.

Book club was nice - loved the people there, and it was fun to expand my circle of people. Hooray!

Now, home to catch the end of the vice presidential debate. Go Biden!

No comments:

Post a Comment