Saturday, January 16, 2010

so i think i'll be six, now and forever.

In honor of Georgia Tech beating UNC today (!!), I give you this story:

I went to the Georgia Tech-Duke basketball game last week, and even though Duke lost (tragedy), there isn't a bad seat in the house and it was really fun to get to see the boys play in person.  Other than the actual game, the best part of the day was the little kid who sat next to me.  He was approximately six years old, and he had on a Georgia Tech jersey and visor, and it was clear that he had these items specifically so that he could attend this game.  He was with his dad, and he liked to do all the cheers along with the student section.  When Duke was ahead he got a little bored and played games on his dad's phone, but when it got close he would focus on the game.  At one point late in the game a Georgia Tech player was taking a free throw.  As all good fans of basketball will know, the home team's fans are quiet when the home team takes free throws, but the opposing team may try to mess up the shooter by making noise.  (I am not one of these people when I am in an opposing team's stadium - don't worry.)  Some Duke fans were yelling things and trying to throw off the shooter, and the kid next to me got really nervous and screamed to the shooter, "whatever they say, don't listen!"

Quiet giggles erupted from our section.

Cutest. Thing. Ever.


On another topic altogether: it has been noted that sometimes I write in all lowercase on this blog and sometimes I capitalize random things and sometimes I capitalize all the appropriate words (as I'm doing here).  If I blog when I'm at work, I'm much more likely to capitalize like I'm supposed to, because I'm in WORK MODE, and work mode requires appropriate capitalization.  The rest of the time I'm likely to be lazy and write in all lower case.  When I capitalize a whole phrase LIKE THIS it means LISTEN UP, FRIEND.  I'M RAISING MY VOICE AT YOU.  Really, I do what makes me happy at the time.  That's what this blog is about...and, to a larger extent, what my life is about...

2 comments:

  1. If this were facebook, I would check the box for "like" because I do, in fact, like this comment. Happy long weekend away from work mode, friend.

    ReplyDelete