Wednesday, December 29, 2010

friday night lights

let's talk about my newest obsession.

it is embarrassing.

becky has been telling me to watch friday night lights for pretty much forever.  it is one of her favorite shows.  it is about a high school football team.  LAME-O.  i have been putting off her recommendation for a long time.

until a couple weeks ago, when i was up in new york visiting her.

friday night lights is available to watch instantly on netflix.  so we watched the first episode.  i made fun of it the whole time.  vocally.

then she fell asleep and i watched another one.  i didn't tell her.

the next day, i watched another.

and now i am obsessed.

I DO NOT WANT TO LIKE THIS SHOW.  but i do.  curses!  when i was at home for christmas i watched a bunch of episodes and i kept saying to becky, "smash williams annoys me" and "tim riggins needs to get his life together" and "ohmygoodness julie taylor and matt saracen went out on a date!!"  i am officially obsessed and i can admit that it is a good show and BECKY WINS.  but i don't want to like it because it's about football, which interests me not at all, and high school, which i live through my students every day and is too much drama for its own good.

i'm nearing the end of season 1 and it just keeps getting better.  don't ruin any plot lines for me, readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment