Monday, April 12, 2010

one of the lucky ones

"And from the look on his face I could see he was one of the lucky ones, one of those people who like doing what they're good at. That's rare. When you see that in a person, you can't miss it."
--David Wroblewski, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, pg. 416

i count myself in that lucky group; i like my job (my career - scary word), and i think i'm good at it.  this passage stuck out to me when i was reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle earlier this year, and i think he's right.  you can see that in a person.  so i thought i'd share that with you.

2 comments:

  1. Love this quote. And needed it today. Thanks for sharing, friend. BTW, I wanted to recommend Elizabeth Gilbert's new book Committed-- non-fiction on marriage: why people do it, the history of it, how it's evolved... very interesting. Just FYI (in case you forgot), she's the woman who wrote Eat, Pray, Love. If you get around to it, let me know... I'd love to discuss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are 2 of my most favorite books...Edgar Sawtelle and City of Thieves...I feel like I must have told you about them. Don't you find the writing, characters and story delicious?

    ReplyDelete