Sunday, April 4, 2010

photo

courtesy of the new york times, this is the photo of butler and huggins from last night that i think says it all:


and i didn't say it in the earlier post, but i totally got teary during this moment of the game.  having to watch butler in such pain, writhing on the floor, and then to have huggins come in to comfort him...so touching.  such a human moment...they were two people in that moment, not a player and a coach.

i will take back all the bad things i said about huggins wearing a warm up suit and not a real suit when he coaches

1 comment:

  1. So, I wanted to say congrats on the big win last night-- Duke was clearly the better team and certainly deserved the win! I also wanted to explain my post on facebook, as I realized I didn't give any reason for my rooting for the Mountaineers... although I know you aren't upset with me, if I saw that you posted a deliberate "Let's go Auburn" or something to that effect on facebook, I would question your motivation. :) My granddad was a HUGE WVU fan and last week marked the second anniversary of his death. We all talked this week about how over the moon excited he would have been to see WVU make it this far... watching and cheering them on last night made me feel like I was watching it with him. But, in the end, I'm glad you guys won and are going to the finals!! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete