Friday, April 30, 2010

me vs. glenn beck

A student sent me the following email last night:

"I was reading through the 100 most influential people on the Time Magazine website and I thought of you when I read this:

'Glenn [Beck]'s like the high school government teacher so many wish they'd had.' [from Time]

I laughed out loud at this one, I think you are a much better government teacher than Glenn."


And my day was made.  Normally I don't read my work emails after I leave work - I'm not very good at letting things go, and if I get an email that is in any way negative (and I almost always get one of these per day, if not more) I will think about it and worry about it and be mad about it all night.  But I was checking my work email last night and decided that this looked safe enough to open, and boy am I glad that I did.  My kids email me, guys.  Every once in a while they send me funny government-related youtube clips and articles and emails like this out of the blue.  This is why I love my job.  This is why I do my job.

Life is pretty darn good.

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more. Actually forwarded you an article a student sent me yesterday :) We're so lucky.

    ReplyDelete