Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Signs your male aerobics instructor is gay:

1. He is a male aerobics instructor. (Heh. I crack myself up.)

2. He is married, and mentions his wife a LOT. (Note: if you EVER mention your wife during a one hour aerobics class, this is a lot.)  Overcompensating, buddy?

3. He is wearing a tight t-shirt that shows a little of his stomach when he raises his arms over his head.

4. He plays the song “YMCA” during the aerobics class. YES THIS REALLY HAPPENED. NO, WE CAN NOT GET ANY MORE STEREOTYPICAL.  Was I singing along in my head?  Yes.  But that is beside the point.

Numbers 1, 3, and 4 apply to my experience at my weightlifting for ladies class yesterday (it is called “bodyworks plus abs,” but we all know that it this is gym-speak for “weightlifting for ladies”). Number 2 is an experience from a previous step aerobics class.

Let me note that PERHAPS my instructor was not gay. Let me also note that I believe the odds are small that this is the case. Let me note a third time that all stereotypes contained herein are not meant to offend any straight or gay male aerobics instructors out there.  I enjoyed your class a great deal, gay-aerobics-instructor-from-yesterday.  Please don't hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment