Friday, March 19, 2010

i heart cbs

can i tell you how much mom + dad + i love CBS's march madness on demand?  um, thiiiiiiiiiiis much.  you can live stream any of the ncaa tournament games on your computer, which is key when three or four games are going on at the same time and your local CBS station will only be showing one.  so we get my laptop ready, assuming they will cut away from the 1-16 game if/when the 1 team (duke) runs away with it.  well, we turn the tv on, and (horror of horrors!) the georgia tech game is on at the same time and we are CLEARLY in tech country.  they showed not a minute of the duke game on tv, but we watched the whole thing on my laptop.  i couldn't stop talking about how great the live streaming quality was.  IT WAS GREAT.

i love you, cbs.

mom and dad are here this weekend because dad was a guest speaker in my government classes this morning.  they liked the lecture (and seemed to get what he was talking about), but his mustache was the real star of the day.  when you are an 18 year old boy, my dad's mustache is incredible because you really wish you could grow one just like it.  last year one of my students said to me the day after dad's visit, "your dad has a sweet 'stache."

when we go to trivia tomorrow night, dad has proclaimed that we are going to name our team "the sweet 'staches."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I wish I was there to meet your parents-- I miss trivia nights and I miss you. Phone date soon? xoxo

    ReplyDelete