Monday, June 21, 2010

daily schedule

i know exactly as much as the rest of america about international soccer teams and how good they are.  that is to say: i know nothing.  but i love watching world cup soccer, as i've said before, so i keep this link open on my computer all day and refer to it when necessary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Rankings  brazil vs. the ivory coast - who should win?  well, the fifa rankings will tell me.  and this lets me enjoy the game just a little bit more - when new zealand ties italy, well that IS an upset.*  since the world cup began, this is my typical morning:
set alarm for 9:30am.  snooze it while i get used to the idea of waking up.  pull out computer and watch highlights of the 7am game.  hold computer really close to face so i don't have to find and put on my glasses.
stumble out of bed and into the living room by 10am.
turn on tv in time to watch the second game of the day.
lie on couch and watch world cup soccer until noon.
at noon, actually begin day.

I LOVE SUMMER.


*this is one of my favorite things about soccer: you can have an UPSET TIE.  you tie.  and that can be an upset.  this entertains me greatly.

1 comment:

  1. See, this is what I hate about soccer - the tie. How can it be an upset if you don't even win? I remembered that Italy was reigning world champs and the sportscasters told us incessantly that NZ was not supposed to be good, but I find it hard to get that worked up about a tie, regardless of how the game was supposed to turn out.

    ReplyDelete