Sunday, June 6, 2010

"put it on the avery tab!"

a couple pictures from my cousin pat's wedding (also known as "katy's dance party") last weekend!  the whole affair was super low key and really fun - and they looked (and are) so perfect together:


the weekend: aunts dancing until midnight, photo montages, trivia questions, good beer, bright flowers, kites, GORGEOUS weather, a brewery tour, my sister and my cousin laura going after the bouquet in a somewhat intense fashion, finding an after party with sara, lots of good food, the sausage race and cheese fries at the brewers' game, playing/losing dice games.  i genuinely love spending time with my extended family, and it was great to have a weekend together.

my cousin grace and i appear to be having fun, huh?  (thanks to aunt lisa for the picture above, and for this AWESOME picture of dancing glory!)


my cousin sara and my sister and i shared a room at the hotel, and it was one of the best parts of the weekend.  it was designed partially as a cost-saving measure, partially as a no-one-should-have-to-stay-alone measure, and it was genius.  there was much giggling, and no weekend is complete without a lot of giggling.  right now i'm in florida, alone, grading these AP exams, and i'm wishing i was sharing a room with the two of them and doing a lot of giggling.  sigh.

until the next family wedding...

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it. Wishing we were back in Milwaukee too...I am also grading papers at the moment (well I guess not right at this moment)...be happy yours are in English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great comment I had to post it twice...actually, I got some sort of "unavailable" message when I tried to post the comment once, so I tried again. So glad I didn't try a third time before going to sleep. Hang in there with the grading. Yes, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mary, YOU were cute on the dance floor, too! a total rock star. :) i'm finished grading tomorrow...don't know when sara is (perhaps never? that's the life of a teacher...)

    ReplyDelete