Saturday, June 12, 2010

pause

please pause for a break in our regularly scheduled programming while i go home to north carolina for two days to visit mom and dad, see some stars, pet some dogs, breathe some clean mountain air, not get stifled by the heat, check on the progress of my mom's garden, bake a carrot cake from scratch, and celebrate my dad's birthday.  i will be living in the land of no internet, so i'll be back on this here blog-thingy on tuesday!  for those of you with real jobs, i hope the beginning of the week flies by for you...i'm sorry i won't be here to distract you.

2 comments:

  1. There's something about your title that speaks to me. Sure, I understand meaning of pausing your blog and the interruption for 2 days. But the description of your "undertaking" during your pause is so much more. It's a reminder to me that we all need to take a brief respite from the chaos and the hustle of the our highly-routinized lives. To get away, to do something different, to experience something novel. And yes, you've been to to McGrady, NC many a times. Yet, I know when I drive back to Missouri and set foot on the soil that gave me my foundation, it's almost like a first time of sorts -- for the corn fields and the tractors and the non-existent traffic lights. I hope you feel the "newness" I'm speaking of when you're back in NC. The garden has always been there but it has never been--nor will it ever be-- just the way you're finding it now. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Q. love you. i hope you find your pause this summer, too. or, as Sami would say, "puse, it Q - puse it!" :)

    ReplyDelete