Tuesday, January 18, 2011

nerd alert

this weekend i out-dorkified my dorkiest friend.

(aaron: don't be sad that you are my dorkiest friend.  i, too, am a dork.  to be my dorkiest friend is a compliment.)

aaron has introduced me to two dorky games that have turned out to be two of my favorite board games ever - settlers of catan and (this weekend) dominion.  my TIP friends and i may or may not have played dominion for like 6 hours this weekend.  i may or may not be buying this game pronto.  these are both german games, and take note: the germans know how to make a good board game.  dominion involves curses and potions - it is good and dorky - but SO FUN.

okay, but here's my dorky moment.  (haha - that wasn't it!  it gets better from here!)  at one point aaron and eric were talking about fantasy and scifi books, and i was sort of tuning out and then all of a sudden they're talking about george r.r. martin's books and I HAVE READ AND ENJOYED THESE BOOKS (thanks, rachie!), and it is revealed that i have read three of the books in the series, more than both aaron and eric.  O.M.G.  i participated in a conversation about fantasy books!  talking about them made me want to read the newest book in the series, but that would require re-reading the previous books, since i have no real memory of what happened.  but i think i might just do it.

spending time with my TIP friends from boston, DC, south carolina, and atlanta made me really happy, but sad that distance separates us for 362 days a year.  sigh.  these friends are so easy to be around, so full of funny memories of when we worked together, so important to me.  i was reminded of how lucky i am, to have these people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment