Monday, February 7, 2011

bags

i keep meaning to show you the two cutest bags ever - both birthday presents from back in november.  becky bought me this clutch for when i go out in the evenings and don't need to carry a lot, but want a cute bag - it fits my phone and chapstick and ID and money:


I LOVE IT.  i actually bought this clutch for becky for HER birthday, but then perhaps coveted it a bit much and she got the hint.  my hints aren't usually very covert.  the floral print is a cherry red color, but that didn't show up as well in this picture.  i get huge compliments when i carry this.

jenny and veronica got me this bag for my birthday, and it has become my everyday bag for carrying around my wallet/phone/keys/alltheotherthingsineed.


here's the fabric up close:


the fabric is corduroy and it's perfect for fall and winter.  this was one of those presents where you know that the person who gave it to you really knows you.  this bag is so ME.  i'm already mourning for the day when spring is here and this won't feel seasonal anymore.  but you never know - i might just keep carrying it around.

let's put that on the list of things that are good about winter: corduroy, the fabric.  i can't think of anything else right now.  okay, i can: heavy comforters.  hot showers.  trader joe's sea salt caramels.  christmas.  christmas break.

that's about all i've got.

(both bags are from etsy.  obviously.)

1 comment:

  1. That is the exact pattern I selected when you bought me that bag. I carried it so much it literally fell into pieces. I loved it THAT much.

    Meanwhile: TJ's caramels are okay, but I far prefer the sea salt brownies. Have we already had this argument?

    ReplyDelete