Sunday, February 20, 2011

i have been sick.

this is why i haven't blogged in a couple days.  sometimes i don't blog because fun! exciting! things are going on in my life and i'm too busy to write every day.  this is the less fun and less exciting reason to not blog: i felt like CRAP on friday, a little better on saturday, and a little better today.  needless to say, i watched a lot of movies this weekend (despicable me, the social network, the double hour, multiple episodes of 30 rock) and wore my pajamas for the majority of the time.  i slowed down, and it was much needed.

on friday, when i felt horrible, my main complaint was a really really sore throat.  i decided this was partially because of the dry winter air and the breathing in of heated air while sleeping.  my work friend vanessa, who is a mom (moms know about these things), suggested saline nose spray (an awesome invention that has helped so much) and confirmed my desire for a humidifier to make the air nicer to breathe.  so i bought one.  I AM MY MOTHER, EXAMPLE #4.  in my fever-y haze at target, i was pointed to the humidifier aisle (um, i mean shelf), where the only two humidifiers for sale were shaped like an elephant or shaped like a frog.  apparently humidifiers are common for children?  i bought the frog.


this MAY be the most ridiculous thing i own, but i breathed a lot easier after sleeping with this on, and my throat is almost back to normal.  i heart my humidifier.

make fun of me all you want.

5 comments:

  1. We have the cow humidifier. I think it's one of those things they teach you in the Mommy Manual - ALL babies must have one. :)
    Glad you're feeling better friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the penguin for myself! They can be humidifier BFFs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little disappointed you didn't go with the elephant...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that there are so many humidifier animals out there! hooray!!

    beck: the elephant kind of creeped me out - the steam came out of his trunk and it was a little weird. the frog's steam comes out of his eyes, so maybe that's not much better...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The steam comes out of the cow's horns! It's like he's steaming mad. haha. Get it? See what I did there?
    By the way, I have also seen a hello kitty and a pig humidifier. We need them all!

    ReplyDelete